Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Locks For Love

So I decided to donate 10 inches of my hair to a charity called Locks for Love. They take your donated hair and make a wig for a child who is suffering from cancer and needs a wig. Seeing as how my hair had gotten quite long, I decided it was time for something new. This is my hair before from the back.
My beautiful long hair from the front. BYE HAIR. I was starting to get really nervous as we walked into the salon. I had knots in my stomach. I think I was more nervous about getting my hair cut then I was about getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My cute new short hair style!!!!! I love it and Angela did a great job! She had a really hard time cutting the ponytail off because my hair was so thick!! She said I had beautiful thick hair and that it was the healthiest hair she had ever seen! :) Impressive I know! : )
The back of my new do!
Using my ponytail as a mustache!

Kim using my ponytail as some extensions!! Kim was with my for moral support and I couldn't hvae done it without her..in fact, I probably wouldn't have!!
This is the ponytail in the car on the way home. I have to mail it off to Locks for Love.
BYE BYE Hair!!! And so I start the growing process again! Hopefully by this time next year, I'll be able to donate another 10 inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT....IT'S SO CUTE :)

Anonymous said...

Love the new "do" - but I must say the picture of the ponytail on the seat of the car is a little scary....

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great!-- and even if you don't like it that length..just give it a month or 2. Quite a noble thing you did. KK

Lindsey said...

Lindsay! You look so great with short hair! You are a brave girl.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT. IT'S GREAT THAT YOU DID IT FOR SUCH A GREAT CAUSE.