Tuesday, February 6, 2007

UVA v. DUKE






On Thursday, Randy, my mom, brother and I went to Charlottesville for the UVA v. Duke Mens Basketball game. My parents have been Duke fans longer than I have been alive. When I was in the 6th grade, I would walk around the track during PE talking about how I was going to Duke for college. Then, the summer before my senior year of high school, I actually did get to go to Duke for a summer term and take 2 classes. I absolutely loved my time there, the friends I met, and of course getting to meet Chris Duhon! Randy has been a UVA fan for all of his life. Usually this doesn't lead to too many confrontations, since Duke's football team is horrible and I root for UVA. Randy insisted that I wear a UVA sweatshirt to the game...but sneaky me...I wore my DUKE shirt underneath!!! It was a great game and really really close!! UVA won by 2 in overtime!! Overall, it was so great to hang out with my mom and brother and of course...Randy!!!

No comments: